About Durham Central Park
Durham Central Park is a 5-acre city owned park located in the heart of Downtown Durham. The park is managed, developed and programmed by Durham Central Park, Inc. a 501c3 non-profit organization.
Providing Space for Community.
Durham Central Park is a place filled with natural beauty and man-made wonders. Yet, in a way, it is also a blank canvas—an empty stage ready to be the setting for your story.
Our mission is providing space for community, which means a number of things including:
- Continuing to maintain and improve an already amazing urban park;
- Working hard to ensure that the park is accessible to everyone;
- Hosting enjoyable, free events to enliven the park and enrich the community;
- Offering an affordable and attractive venue in the heart of downtown; and
- Safeguarding a place for people to gather in celebration or rally around a shared belief, meet up with friends or just be alone for a moment, appreciate public art or simply play in nature—a place for Durham to be Durham.
A vibrant, urban park where everyone feels welcome.
Durham Central Park is located in the 500 block of Foster Street (both sides of the street) between Corporation and Hunt Streets.
To find it with GPS, use 501 Foster Street, Durham NC 27701.
Durham Central Park is open every day from dawn to dusk. All visitors and members of the community are welcome to visit and enjoy our gardens, facilities and the great outdoors in the heart of our lovely city.
Mail: PO Box 1526, Durham NC 27702
Email: [email protected]