Durham Central Park is a 5 acre, city owned park that is operated by Durham Central Park, Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit organization that manages and maintains the five acre green space in Durham at 501 Foster Street. DCP’s mission is Providing Space for Community, which means a number of things including:
- Continuing to maintain and improve an already amazing urban park;
- Working hard to ensure that the park is accessible to everyone;
- Hosting enjoyable, free events to enliven the park and enrich the community;
- Offering an affordable and attractive venue in the heart of downtown; and
- Safeguarding a place for people to gather in celebration or rally around a shared belief, meet up with friends or just be alone for a moment, appreciate public art or simply play in nature—a place for Durham to be Durham.