Your support of Durham Central Park is essential to the social, physical, environmental, emotional, and economic health of the Downtown Durham community and beyond.
What do we mean by that? What does a physical piece of land in Durham’s backyard do to help us all thrive? A safe, outdoor gathering space is an essential public services, a reflection of the quality of life in a community. Durham Central Park is a meeting place where:
- anyone can meet for respite regardless of their background or ability to pay
- folks can move their bodies
- the city is literally cooler and fights the effects of climate change
- play structures and venues for socialization promote coping, mental health, and positive brain development
- local businesses, governments, and other nonprofits are bolstered economically every single day.
How does Durham Central Park Inc. help these 5 Acres make a difference?
As a Friends of the Park non-profit organization, DCP Inc. raises money through donations, grant support, and corporate sponsorship to meet the needs of this essential, dynamic space in downtown. You may know that our small organization is a city-owned park, but Durham Central Park Inc. does not receive city funds to:
- provide free programs like PLAYlist Concert Series and Storytime
- maintain safe play spaces for our children
- offer one of the most affordable event spaces in the Triangle
- or accomplish the many things we’re proud of in the picture above!
Follow our 2022 Year in Review by signing up for our newsletter, following us on Instagram, or reading the blog! All month long we’ll be giving an in-depth look at all the ways Durham Central Park is providing space for community.
How Can I Help?
Help us reach our 2022 fundraising goal! We have so much more planned for next year, and we can accomplish these goals with your help!
We invite you to become a part of the dynamic, ever-changing, and fulfilling work that we do. You can help us financially by:
- Making a Year-End Gift by mailing a check to PO Box 1526 Durham NC 27701, or donating by clicking here.
- Becoming a Park Sustainer by making monthly, quarterly or annual gifts
- Becoming a Friend of Durham Central Park by making a three-year pledge of support.
We hope you will realize your contributions don’t just maintain, but foster and nourish the facilities and grounds. Your dollars go not just to program, but to galvanize our community making way for joy, enterprise, and art. Your gift isn’t just to fund, but to invest in the social, economic, environmental, and physical health of our community.