Waste Warrior Volunteer Opportunities
Waste Reduction at DCP’s Food Truck Rodeos Volunteer Opportunities
Remaining 2017 Dates: November 5
2018 Dates: January 14, March 11, June 17, September 2, November 4
Location: Durham Central Park, 501 Foster Street, Durham NC 27701
3 volunteer shifts available:
- 11am-1pm – Set up & Waste Warrior
- 12:30-2:30pm – Waste Warrior
- 2:30-4:30pm – Waste Warrior & Break down
Sign up by contacting Erin Kauffman: [email protected] or call: 919-794-8194
Why Volunteer as a Waste Warrior?
- Free vouchers to use at the food truck of your choice
- A Durham Central Park T-shirt
- Knowing you made a difference in how much waste was diverted from the landfill!
- A big thank you!
Important Volunteer Info:
- Teens welcome – earn community service credit
- Youth welcome with adult supervision
- Dress for the weather
- Bring your own water bottle
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your volunteer shift
No prior experience necessary!
You wlll be trained prior to your volunteer shift. Please arrive 10 minutes before your volunteer shirt starts to go over volunteer instructions and composting/recycling FAQs.
What does a Waste Warrior do?
- Set up waste stations and signs
- Set up volunteer tent
- Staff the waste stations athat include composting and recycling stations (Waste Warrior)
- Educate food truck customers on how to properly recycle and compost (Waste Warrior)
- Sort waste into containers – trash, recycling, or compost – as needed (Waste Warrior)
- Swap out recycling and compost buns when they get full (Waste Warrior)
- Breakdown waste stations and signs
- Sort waste from food truck’s trash and recycling containers
- Break down volunteer tent