Durham’s chic rooftops, offices, restaurants, event spaces, private homes and Durham Central Park were the backdrop for 16 ticketed meals that raised more than $30,000 this fall for Durham Central Park, Inc. As a 501(c)3 organization, DCP Inc. relies on fundraisers like these plus the generosity of local residents and businesses to sustain the park. DCP, Inc. receives no funding from the City of Durham to manage, develop and program the park. Therefore, events like Meals from the Market are key to meeting the park’s fundraising goals every year. Thank you!
Local business sponsors including Urban Durham Realty, Kompleks Creative, Inc., Acme Plumbing Co., Duke Office of Durham and Regional Affairs and Coulter Jewell Thames PA. helped offset costs, enabling DCP to provide space for community, which includes:
- Continuing to maintain and improve an already amazing urban park;
- Working hard to ensure that the park is accessible to everyone;
- Hosting enjoyable, free events to enliven the park and enrich the community;
- Offering an affordable and attractive venue in the heart of downtown; and
- Safeguarding a place for people to gather in celebration or rally around a shared belief, meet up with friends or just be alone for a moment, appreciate public art or simply play in nature—a place for Durham to be Durham.