The Durham Farmers’ Market brings people together to celebrate the unique food and culture of downtown Durham and the farms that sustain it. We provide access to fresh food for all of our community, champion small farmers and artisans, and foster a thriving and participatory local economy.
We are sure you’ll have a great time at the Durham Farmers’ Market and we thought we’d share a few tips that can help ensure the best possible experience:
- Even though we have a roof over our heads, the market is an outdoor event, so you can expect all kinds of weather, from early-morning frost to blazing heat, so dress accordingly.
- Want to use your SNAP/EBT card at the market? Come to the info table located in the center of the Pavilion and a staff member will happily assist you!
- Don’t get dehydrated! There is always fresh water available in the Pavilion’s bathrooms. If you need a cup, don’t hesitate to ask for one at the info table.
- On Saturdays, parking is available in the Measurement Inc. lot just above the market (where the market used to be held) as well as in the lots on Foster Street and on Corporation Street at the Old Ballpark.
- Don’t forget to bring your bags! Sturdy shopping bags or baskets will help you carry your purchases.
- No pets in the market, please! There is plenty of space outside the market area in Durham Central Park to socialize with your four-legged friends!